...

sábado, 3 de enero de 2015

Antología poética - Alfonsina Storni

Rating: 
19/01/14


It's the first time I read Storni. And I don't think I'll be reading her poetry again. Don't get me wrong, she doesn't have an intolerably sappy writing style like something I've read recently (rant, here). On the contrary, she has a lovely and complex language that expresses all her feelings, the ones she loves and the ones that haunt her. Although, at times, that same style can reach the overly sweet level and that's when I get bored. And probably suspicious. I honestly prefer a philosophical/existentialist kind of poetry rather than a purely sentimental one; but I do like reading the latter, sometimes. Small doses. When almost the whole book is about a man (or a woman) and the why-can't-I-find-love and why-don't-you-notice-I'm-here sort of thing, it bores me (“Carta lírica a otra mujer”, “El divino amor” and many more). That doesn't happen to me while reading Pizarnik's work (at least, not often; I don't know, I have an inexplicable preference for that writer). In any case, two brilliant women.

Storni's poetry is full of love/eroticism/loss/indifference references. However, a (moderate) feminist herself, there are some poems about the woman who fights for equality (“Tú me quieres blanca”, “Bien pudiera ser”). So, she wrote about women's rights while accepting the need of having a man next to her because apparently she felt incomplete? I never liked the half-a-person attitude.

Some poems I enjoyed: “Presentimiento”, “Dolor”, “Este libro”, “Voy a dormir” (her last poem). And I loved “Frente al mar”. That's it.


* I really, and I mean really didn't understand her poetry back then. I'm so glad I revisited her work due to an article I'm writing.
Nov 06, 17









No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario