...

domingo, 4 de enero de 2015

Como Agua para Chocolate - Laura Esquivel


Rating: 
14/09/13

I went to a book club once, years ago, and it was Esquivel's turn. That's it. That is all I should say about this book. Because if I begin to remember everything I hated about it... Well. It will not be pretty for me. I mean, I enjoy magical realism, but not when it is so damn sappy, mushy, sentimental and other 5 synonyms that I can't come up with right now. I don't know. I guess I don't do well with such an enormous amount of melodramatic romance. It is fine when it's a well-written part of the story. But when the descriptions become so ugh... I just feel bad. 

Those 2 stars are because of its acceptable structure and, well, there's food (?). Seriously, that creative connection among the story, the food and other cultural aspects, it is kind of interesting. But the rest... I just wanted to forget it. And I successfully managed to do so. Until this review.
Damn. 







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario