...

sábado, 3 de enero de 2015

Fábulas - Jean de La Fontaine

Rating: 
14/09/13


Fábulas
This is one of my most precious memories of my childhood. Before going to school, sometimes after, I used to go to a nearby kiosk and buy some chocolates. But these chocolates weren't ordinary ones. They came wrapped with tiny books inside: the fables of Jean de La Fontaine. That is one of my earliest independent, adult-free contacts with literature that I can remember, so I really treasure those fables. I didn't know they were such classics of the 17th century. I found them entertaining so I started collecting them (I've never liked chocolate that much, so I used to give it to other kids) and eventually, they led me to Aesop. Thanks to my grandma, actually, my GR back then. Around that time, she started flooding my house with books and was the one who encouraged me to start taking English lessons with her.

"The Lion and the Mouse", "The Ant and the Grasshopper", "The Cat and the Mice", "The Mice in Council", "The Fox and the Grapes", "The Fox and the Stork"... all favorites of mine. Damn, now I am truly nostalgic.

Well. I hope you enjoy my "it has nothing to do with the book" review. I gave this book 4 stars at first, but now I'm a mixture of books, images and nostalgia so, a 5-star rating it is.







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario