...

sábado, 3 de enero de 2015

Matilda - Roald Dahl

Rating: 


June 23, 2013

Another wonderful memory of my childhood. Sort of. I read this book years ago (I won't say how many, of course), and I loved it. My dear grandma (my Goodreads back then) bought it for me. I read it as fast as I read [book:Little Women|1934]. I just couldn't put it away. Amazing story, nice writing, funny descriptions of... kind of awkward situations. Really good book. A book that I no
longer have because I lent it to someone and that someone NEVER gave it back to me. So, if you, "someone", have this book and you do not remember buying it, that means it is MY book which you know it was not given as a freaking present because I loved it but I wanted you to read it so you could love it too and then maybe buy your damn copy!

Yes, that is why it is not such a wonderful memory, I guess.

Anyway, that was therapeutic.


***

July 12, 2014

I wanted to clarify that, yesterday, after so many years, and just because that person saw me the other day and "remembered", I have my Matilda copy back. Its beautiful pages are now so, so yellow and sad. Now, it will receive the care it deserves.
I do not like lending my books. I do not trust humanity with my books, so never again!







No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario