...

martes, 5 de enero de 2016

A Modest Proposal - Jonathan Swift

Rating: 
04/01/16

This review contains sensitive material that may be upsetting to some readers.





description

description


I shall now therefore humbly propose my own thoughts, which I hope will not be liable to the least objection. I have been assured by a very knowing American of my acquaintance in London, that a young healthy child well nursed is at a year old a most delicious, nourishing, and wholesome food, whether stewed, roasted, baked, or boiled, and I make no doubt that it will equally serve in a fricassee, or ragout.


A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends, and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter. 


description








* Photo credit: Jonathan Swift / CC
Population / James Cridland, Flickr via Forbes.
Photo of a baby lobster via IDN Times.



3 comentarios: